Friday, July 19, 2013

Today Was a Great Day

Today, July 18, 2013, was a pretty darn good day.  I mentioned in a Facebook post that it had started out far better then yesterday and it only went well from there.

The reasons today rocked are:

1. I didn't oversleep my alarm. 

    I rarely do this and it happened yesterday setting a sour note for the whole day.  Today, I was up right on time and ready to go.

2. I got in a great run.

     When I overslept yesterday, running didn't happen.  I prefer to workout first thing in the morning, so oversleeping really messes up my world. A morning workout fits in perfectly before J gets up, it gives me tons of energy going into my day and I just plain feel better for having done it.  Today I ran.  6 miles.  In the fastest 6 mile time I have ever had.  Some days running doesn't go well. You struggle and cramp and just plain feel lousy.   But, even attempting a "bad run" feels better than not doing one at all. So, when a run goes well, it feels AWESOME.  Today's run was a great run.

3. I got to see the sunrise.

    Since taking up running, I have discovered numerous perks (if you will) of running that I hadn't considered.  This is one of the best.  It was mostly dark when I started my run, but on the home stretch, the sun was creeping up. And it was incredible. I have seen sunrises before, obviously. But, it has been too long. Or maybe I just haven't been paying enough attention. But, today, I watched the sun come up. Really, truly watched it.  There was just something about being outside alone in total quiet and seeing it that was breathtaking. 

4. J got his Kindergarten Physical

     This morning I took J to his first school physical.  It was quick and uneventful. They weighed him, measured height, checked his hearing and vision.  All were great.   J was all smiles, totally cooperative and Mr. Personality while there.  The nurse even commented on how happy he was. And that is why it rocked.  Because I have a healthy, happy kid. And I need to be thankful for that more often because some people aren't as fortunate.

 5. It is H-O-T!

     Finally! I have been waiting for hot weather!  I haven't had to turn on the space heater that I keep under my desk on even one time today.  That is nothing short of a miracle.  I have experienced one of the two or three days this year that I will not be cold.

6. We swam.

     And when it is hot, the best thing to do is SWIM! We are lucky to have a great friend who lets us use his pool anytime we want.  The water was warm, but incredibly refreshing.  J has vastly improved his swimming strokes and loved showing off is cannon balls and other fancy pool moves.

7. We cuddled.

    Okay, I admit that we do this every day.  But, it has always been and will always be one of my favorite parts of each day. J loves  a cuddle when he wakes and up and before he goes to bed. And I am more than happy to oblige.  I hope we always end the day sitting on our bed watching a silly move relaxing as a family.  I know J won't want to forever, but today he did. And with those cuddles, today ended as awesomely as it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment